Yellowstone College Prep is a new community school dedicated to building community leaders. Now accepting applications for the 2018 school year, its unique charter school model was approved by the Texas Education Agency in 2017. Our teachers and administrators are active members in our neighborhoods and are focused on the intellectual and emotional growth of your student.
We believe all students are born with purpose and destined for success. At Yellowstone College Prep we create a safe learning environment with high academic standards.
Growing to serve
Yellowstone College Prep shares a single campus with Yellowstone Academy in the heart of Houston’s historic Third Ward where we inspire, empower and invest in students to achieve their highest potential and fulfill their intended purpose.
We are dedicated to building leaders from 5th to 8th grade. Yellowstone College Prep will grow to serve 9th-12th grade students by adding a grade level each year beginning in the Fall of 2018.
Proven best practices
At Yellowstone College Prep, we will build upon the proven best practices of effective community schools by connecting educators, families and community stakeholders for collective impact. Our program will include the following distinctions:
Yellowstone College Prep will be a source of pride for the neighborhood and for the City of Houston. We will hold our faculty, students, and families to the highest standards of educational excellence to ensure that students who graduate from Yellowstone College Prep are prepared to be transformative leaders in our community.
- Applications open on January 23.
- All completed applications will be entered into a lottery on February 16.
- If the number of applications received by February 16 is less than the number of open seats, all completed applications will automatically be admitted.
- If the number of applications received by February 16 is greater than the number of open seats, a random lottery will be drawn.
- Applicants who are not admitted will be added to a waitlist. If seats become available, families will be notified.
- Applications submitted after February 16 will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis or added to the waitlist, depending on seat availability.